Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tomorrow it begins.

I have not posted my analysis yet because I've been busy preparing for this weekend.  I actually have already written short pieces about the majority of her songs and have just a few more to get through.  It's amazing the kind of thoughts you have when you put on your headphones at a cafe in downtown Troy by the window for two hours.  I'll try to do the same thing in Brooklyn. I just have to find a good spot.  It's harder than you think.

Tomorrow I'm going to Ann Arbor tomorrow to spend the weekend with Phil & Jean Converse, Connie's brother and sister-in-law.  Given that I've never made a documentary before, I'm a little nervous.  I hope they know I do not claim to be a professional but I do claim to put my heart and soul into this. Here is my mantra: Conversation. Sequences. Close-ups. Conversation. Sequences. Close-ups. Conversation. Sequences. Close-ups. And fun.  Phil & Jean seem like lovely, lively people despite their self-proclaimed age.

One of my best friends is picking me up from the airport, which adds an even more intense layer of excitement on tomorrow's events.

Now I will try to sleep.  It's like Christmas Eve!

No comments: