Monday, September 13, 2010

First Ever Stream of Consciousness Post

When I go to write a post or share a video, very often I want to post more.  Some related, some unrelated.  But I don't want to overwhelm you all.  I hope my readers go off and take the suggestions I make to heart and find their own favorite videos and websites and writings based on the ones I share.  Tonight, however, I am overwhelmed with all of the media that has been clogging my head lately.  So, I say, WHY NOT!  Why NOT post everything I'm consuming at the moment?  Who's gonna stop me!

It's my bloggy and I'll post what I want to, post what I want to
 You would post too if you had the unstoppable impulse toooo
(bum bum bum bump-bump)


Firstly, I want to share a gaggle of my favorite videos from Paul Crik.  I don't know what the hell he's trying to accomplish with these, but I'm into it.  At first I was confused, but now I'm killin' it.






For my second section, onward to my current and past preoccupation with MoTown and Patsy Cline.  This is me reverting back to a 3-4 year old Zeld.  Apparently, when I was a child, I used to sing "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" and "My Girl" from my car seat.  As for Patsy Cline, I was obsessed.  On any given summer day you could find me on the sidewalk with a boombox, dressed in a full cowgirl outfit - complete with fake guns.  I remember toting around a carrying case full of Patsy Cline tapes that my Aunt Donna gave me.  "Walkin' After Midnight" was my first karaoke song and thus the first song that ever made me cry while driving.  Some day I will try and post some pictures of that happy time...



This is the first time I've seen the "Lovesick Blues"... wow.  So calm, cool, collected.  Glad she got her eyebrows done, though.  You go, Patsy.

I love the name Patsy.


For my third section of thoughts (now, I think this is getting to be an autobiographical youtube timeline of my life), I want to post an early crush: post NKOTB Jordan Knight (don't judge me!).  You have to admit that "Give It To You" is catchy and to this day I still do not skip it when it comes on shuffle.  I also felt the need to share "I Love You Came Too Late" by none other than Joey McIntyre.  The bluest of blue, that's what your eyes are, Joey.





Fourthly, and lastly, here are a couple of songs I currently have on repeat rotation.  I have grown exponentially in my media taste, but it's good to revisit your roots every once in a while.






Yes, even though the Felice Brothers' lead singer's mustache is creepy.


That is all.  Maybe next time I'll share some favorite old tv shows or something.  Or maybe I'll actually write something.  NOBODY KNOWS.

No comments: